If you want to change your Twitter username, also known as your “handle,” you can do so by following these steps:
- Log in to your Twitter account on the Twitter website.
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen, and then click on the “Settings and privacy” option in the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings and privacy page, click on the “Account” option on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under the “Username” section, you will see your current username. Click on the “Edit” button next to it.
- Type in your desired username in the “Change your username” field. Remember that your username must be unique and cannot be longer than 15 characters.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
That’s it! Your Twitter handle has been successfully changed. Remember that changing your username will not affect your followers, Direct Messages, or replies. However, any links to your old username will no longer work, so it’s a good idea to let your followers know about your new username.
In addition to changing your username, you can also change your display name, which is the name that appears on your profile. To do this, click the “Edit” button next to your display name on the “Account” page and type in your desired new name. Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
Remember, your Twitter handle and display name are important to your online identity, so choose them wisely!